2020 Reading Competition Announcements
6 months ago
Informational Reading Team Meeting
There will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, September 10th in Miss Berta's room (A117) until 3:15. This is a very important meeting, so please do your best to attend:
We will be discussing:
- general information
- Reading Competition in the Spring
- Remind App/Google Classroom info
- parent information sheet
If you cannot attend the meeting, please let me know and review the Informational PowerPoint at your leisure, which is located on this page.
over 3 years ago
You need to remember all the important details from the books you read. I suggest taking notes or using some sort of graphic organizer to help you remember all the important information.
Here is a plot diagram you can fill out as you read your books. If you cannot print at home, I can give you as many copies as you need.
about 1 year ago
Here is the link to the NEIU's web page where you can find information about the Reading Competition:
over 2 years ago
Having trouble remembering important
dates and information for the Reading
Competition? Sign up for Remind!
1. Open a blank text message
2. Where it says TO: - type 81010
3. In the body of the text - type
4. Hit send and follow the direction
over 2 years ago
If you are having trouble finding a book, try the interlibrary loan. It is completely free as long as you have a current library card.
- Google "Valley Community Library" and click the link.
- Scroll down to "LIBRARY SERVICES" and click the link for "Interlibrary Loan"
- Enter: Name, Email, Library Card Number, Book Title, and Author
- Click the Valley Community Library as the Pick-Up Library (Located near Blakley Borough Recreational Park, formerly Mellow Park)
- Click "Submit"
You also can always go to the Valley Community Library and ask them to help you in obtaining a book they do not currently have. They may be able to get it faster than going through the interlibrary loan.